Our school is located in the center of Yokohama, which lies 16miles south of Tokyo.
Yokohama was first opened to foreign trade in 1859 and is now one of the foremost trading ports in Japan.
Yamate Station, which is the nearest station to the school, provides easy access to Yokohama Station within ten minutes by train.
Founded in 1923(Taisho Era) as Kanagawa Prefectural Yokohama Dai-san Secondary School (one of the three most prestigious secondary schools in Yokohama).
The original school building was burned down during World War II. The present school was constructed from 1960 to 1974.
In 1948, the school name was changed to Yokohama Dai-san Senior High School. Then, in 1950, Kanagawa Prefectural Yokohama Midorigaoka Senior High School, which is the present name, was established as a co-educational school.
Education Goals1. To let students gain broad culture and achieve higher abilities in academic fields. Aim at training the talents of students who will become social leaders in the future.
2. To cultivate academic ability bearing university education and to give various and flexible classes according to students' ambitions.
3. To support students' activities , such as school events, club activities, and etc., with a view to build their autonomy and humanity.
4. To form strong bonds of service and affinity between schools, its related organizations and the local community.
Characteristic* School Year: about 200 days.
* Classes are held Monday through Friday from 8:50 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. On most days there are seven periods with each period being 45 minutes long.
* After classes are finished, most studets take part in extracurricular activities.Yokohama Midorigaoka has numerous sports and cultural clubs for students to take part in.
* Students at Yokohama Midorigaoka are taught with the aim of gaining knowledge for college education or the work force.